Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vacations are the Best

This morning at about 6 am, we left to drive my dad to the airport. He had to leave a little early for a business trip to New York (sad! but we got in lots of walks and yummy food before he had to leave). After my mom, sister Mary Beth, and I dropped him off at the airport, we drove to Mary Beth's house and I slept for about two hours (who knows what everyone else was doing). After I woke up, we went on a tour of Welfare Square, something none of us had ever done before! My favorite part was the video at the beginning--it is great to see acknowledgement of all of the volunteers, working just to emulate Christ and to further the work in the kingdom of God.

After Welfare Square, we went to a little bookstore called "The King's English" in Sugar House (and right before that, we saw the house that Mom lived in as a teenager!) None of us bought anything, although we did each sit down for about half an hour--I read about the life of an elephant. Did you know that the oldest female of the clan is the matriarch because of her memory? When she dies or weakens, it isn't her daughter that takes over, but the next oldest female.

We then went to this awesome Indian/Nepali buffet with a name that I can't remember. So good! After lunch, we went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, "Game of Shadows". Pretty good! We then went to two different whole foods stores. Right now, I'm eating Belgian Chocolate Mousse. Amazing!!!!

We dropped Mary Beth off at her house, then took Ruth and Jordan some food, and then Mom and I came back and ate dinner at my house.

Even though I haven't actually left Utah, it has felt like a vacation to take a couple of days off work and spend the weekend with my parents. I absolutely love having them here. I am so grateful for my parents!

No comments: