Thursday, March 15, 2012

Glory

It seems like every night, I think of something that I can post for the next day's post, but by the time I get around to doing it, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say.

Yesterday night, my little sister Rosalind had to see the movie "Glory" for her American Heritage class, and because it is usually rated R but was edited to PG-13, Mom and I decided to go along with her (when else were we going to see this movie? I had heard it was so good).

And it was good, but in a very sad, meaningful way. The movie focuses on the 54th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, the first official black regiment in the Civil War. It was a very captivating and moving film and I think we all enjoyed it (although we were very sad at the end).

As always after I see a war film, I am completely astounded by the immense waste. Seeing hundreds of men charge each other across an open field, dying as quickly as they ran, makes me so sad for our human civilization. War is a terrible thing and it is sad to see how it actually happens, yet very eye opening to actually see the effects.

No comments: