My parents got here today!! Woohoo! They flew in from Michigan and came to Provo at about 2:30pm. I ran over to meet them right after work and was so, so, so happy to see them! We made a yummy class Decker dinner of Dad's whole wheat waffles with fresh strawberries and heavy whipped cream and/or homemade maple syrup. So delicious!! We spent a lot of time talking and planning (and of course, made the customary trip to the grocery store. When Ruth's father-in-law (who also came over for dinner) asked my dad what we were doing tomorrow, he said, "Well, probably go to the grocery store a couple of times...eat a lot...and go for a hike." I think we go to the grocery store at least every day when my whole family is together.
Even though we are missing Rachael and her family a lot, it is great to have some of us here together. (P.S. Rachael--keep your eye on the mail! :)
And I need to go to bed so I can be awake and rested for our hike tomorrow! I'm so happy my parents are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment