Saturday, March 17, 2012

Harry Potter

I absolutely love Harry Potter. My sister Rachael and her family gave me my very own set of the books for Christmas. They are now situated on their own spot on a bookshelf, staring at me every day, and I am patiently waiting until after all of my classes are done to read through them from beginning to end in July. I can't wait!

Also as part of today's Potter focus, I've learned several new facts: Did you know that J.K. Rowling based the dementors on her personal experience with clinical depression? Did you know that she also rewrote on chapter in Goblet of Fire 13 times? Did you know that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) told Michael Gambon (second Dumbledore) that Gambon was the most unprofessional actor that Radcliffe had ever worked with? Did you know that Rowling was offered the role of Lily Potter but Rowling thought she would mess it up?

A few of the facts I learned today. I really can't wait for July.

No comments: