Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bad Dreams

My roommate Sarah has bad dreams quite frequently. I don't usually, and if I do, they often consist of something that is more stressful and worrisome than actually scary (like Sarah's dreams).

Last night, I dreamed that I couldn't read.

It was horrible. I just felt like, "If I can't read, what good am I?" So weird to see how something like that has become such a big part of who I am (subconsciously, at least).

I was trying to read a book to a small child (who had just previously told me, "You can't read" to which I emphatically responded, "Yes, I can, look, I'll read this book to you," and then opened it and really struggled to read.

I don't know if this is some subconscious experience to teach me how to better emphasize with other people who don't feel very comfortable reading out loud, especially future students, but it was a horrible feeling!

I hope that I will always be able to read, but almost equally so, I hope that I can always have empathy and be understanding of those who may not share my same comforts and instead have different talents than I do.

No comments: