"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk in faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."--President Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday, February 19, 2012
God's Words...Never Cease
I just saw this video for the first time today and I love it. I like to often think about God's continual revelation to His Church but also personally to me. I have been reminded so many times of His presence in my life and I am grateful to be able to always see His hand through the scriptures, the beautiful earth, loving friends and family, and His Spirit.
I have had a great Sunday--some of my favorite moments are when I just get to hang out with my roommates--we aren't usually all home and not busy at the same time, so it's great to just talk with them on Sundays. They are such wonderful girls and I am so happy and grateful to be able to live with them this year.
I'm spending the night at Mary Beth's tonight! Her roommate Audrey is down in Provo for a family dinner and graciously offered to take me back with her! I'm excited to have a day off and to be able to spend it relaxing with them. I'm a little jealous of Mom and Dad's impromptu trip to see Rachael and Neil this weekend (as well as Ruth and Jordan's not-too-impromptu trip to Asia), but I'm excited to get to go see Mary Beth.
Also, Happy President's/Presidents'/Presidents Day (I really don't know which one it is) tomorrow! I'm very excited about it, especially since I don't have to work (new development--yay!) and especially since I learned more and read more about George Washington last semester. He is so cool! Also, I just learned via wikipedia that the Senate traditionally reads his Farewell Address on this holiday (Washington's birthday)--so go look it up! He is great.
And...........Downton Abbey finale! I don't think I can handle it, I would watch that show all day long if I could (oh wait. Mom and I already did that)! I read about some spoilers that are sure to happen, but I'm still waiting to be surprised about several things! (and will continue in mourning until it starts up again. Good thing I have netflix).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy you have come to stay with me! I am excited for everything we are going to do...even if we haven't planned it yet. When I talked to Mom today she asked what we were going to do. I told her what we were going to eat. She said, "Well, sounds like you have the important things planned..."
Post a Comment